Re: [Orgmode] indent list item and change list type automatically

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] indent list item and change list type automatically
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 17:51:41 -0700

No comment on the idea itself, but a couple for generality.

If your demote idea is implemented as a variable, it would be useful
to have an imagined first node, so that people (like myself) who
always put the top level item in column 2 have effectively demoted to
that from an imaginary parent in column 0.

Also, I think any such implementation would need to modify
org-toggle-item (something I've been thinking about for a while
anyway).