[Orgmode] Re: latex wrap

From: Josef
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: latex wrap
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 07:25:15 +0000 (UTC)

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:

Hi Carsten,

> > having only used latex before: is there a way to prevent
> > emacs/org-mode---upon pressing M-q---to wrap a paragraph
> >
> > bla bla
> > \begin{equation}
> > 1+1=2
> > \end{equation}
> >
> > into
> >
> > bla bla \begin{equation} 1+1=2 \end{equation}
>
> Why would you press M-q in such a location?

Because using org-mode as a note-taking program you may fiddle around on a
paragraph and when done press M-q to reformat it nicely on the screen. (At least
with auctex) it is nice that M-q is respecting also long \cite lists or %
comments which can help to increase readability of the tex-document.

> > Can I make org-mode more aware of latex constructs? A different font-
> > face
> > would also be really nice!
>
> Turn on both org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments and
> org-highlight-latex-fragments-and-specials

that's great! thank you.

josef