Re: [Orgmode] Scheduled date in closing note for repeated task

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Scheduled date in closing note for repeated task
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 07:10:20 +0200

On Jul 7, 2009, at 5:33 PM, Michaël Parienti wrote:

Hi,

I use a lot of repeated tasks, daily mostly, for which I want to log
the result as a note. So I use the "lognoterepeat" variable. But the
note doesn't contain the date of the task, just the date of when I
mark the task as done.

Example:

** TODO Did it rain this day?
 SCHEDULED: <2009-07-06 Mon +1d>
  - State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2009-07-07 Tue 17:27] \\
    No
  - State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2009-07-07 Tue 17:23] \\
    Yes

I would like to have:

** TODO Did it rain this day?
  SCHEDULED: <2009-07-06 Mon +1d>
  - State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2009-07-05 Sun] \\
    No
  - State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2009-07-04 Sat] \\
    Yes

Is there a way to have the desired result with an org variable?

This is currently not possible.  The date in the state change line
is supposed to be the date when you acted, snd I would not think it
is a good idea to change that. However, we might add a hook that can be used to pre-insert some stuff into the note buffer, and that hooks could
be used to find and add the scheduled date....  Would that make sense?

- Carsten