[Orgmode] Latest Org and Carbon Emacs

From: Karl Maihofer
Subject: [Orgmode] Latest Org and Carbon Emacs
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 22:27:28 +0200

Until now I used Org with Debian GNU/Linux. Today I bought a MacBook Pro 13" and I spent the evening making my first steps with MacOS. I installed the Carbon Emacs package and configured Emacs to use the latest Org-Version that I copied to ~/elisp/org-mode/.

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/elisp/org-mode/lisp/")
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))

When I try to export an org-file to LaTeX I get the following error:

org-export-latex-first-lines: Symbol's function definition is void: org-cleaned-string-for-export

I think I saw this error already some time ago and the reason was, that an old org-version conflicts with the one I use. Under Debian I renamed the Org-elisp-files in the Emacs-Program-Directory and the problem was solved. But under MacOS I cannot find these files - as I wrote, I am completely new to MacOS. I scanned the Folders /Applications/Emacs.app/* but couldn't find the org elisp files.

Could anybody give me a hint where to find the files and how to solve my problem?

Thanks!