Re: [Orgmode] Newbie Questions

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Newbie Questions
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 19:48:20 +0200

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Quite likely it's a failure of imagination on my part, but I still
> don't see why you would both schedule and deadline an item. Could
> you provide a scenario where that would be useful?

I think the OP has a time frame to execute some task. He doesn't want to
be bugged about it before SCHEDULED, and it will be too late after
DEADLINE.

Imagine you have to make a gift to someone on Sunday, but got so much
work to do that you won't be able to go to the mall before Thursday...
oh well, you can always buy online then, but that would defeat the point
of my example.

Then again, as someone said, a DEADLINE with an appropriate warning
delay would be fine in that case too.

--
Nicolas Goaziou