[Orgmode] Working on org again

From: James TD Smith
Subject: [Orgmode] Working on org again
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:27:57 +0100

After a long absence I am returning to org development. Those of you who haven't
forgotten about my proposed rewrite of org-remember will be wondering what
happened to it. I have been working on it when I've had time, and most of the
new features are implemented but not fully tested. I plan on making a test
branch available with the parts I think are usable available in the next week or
so.

In the meantime, I have a few other patches for Org:
- Add two new properties for the age or time since last activity of an entry.
These
  are based on the first timestamps in an entry. Age/time since are displayed in
  column view in dd hh mm ss format.
- Bugfixes and improvements for my org-checklist module.
- Automatic tag sorting.
- org-insert-link can now include links on the X clipboard or in the Emacs
  kill-ring in the available links list.
- A bugfix for org-plot when using the script: option.

These patches are available from git://yog-sothoth.mohorovi.cc/org-mode in the
misc-new-features branch.

I also have a modified version of org-fstree with a few improvements (default
excludes for .git/.svn dirs, emacs backup files etc, speed enhancement for the
'what links to this file' option and some general code cleanup), but it's based
on an old version. I was also planning on adding an option to use org-registry
to get the links to entries, which would speed things up even more. I'll post a
patch to the list when I've done that and merged my changes into the current
version.

James

--
|-<James TD Smith>-<email/address@hidden>-|