Re: [Orgmode] Quick aquamacs related windowing question

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Quick aquamacs related windowing question
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:54:03 -0400

Robert Goldman <address@hidden> wrote:

> I use org-mode on Aquamacs, and have some problems with the windowing.
> E.g., when I schedule an item created with remember, aquamacs opens the
> *Calendar* window in a different frame, then after I choose the date, I
> am incorrectly left in that frame, instead of being returned to the
> remember buffer.  This means that my C-c C-c to save the note is
> rejected (because it's meaningless in the *Calendar* buffer), and I have
> to return the focus to the remember buffer by hand.
>
> Does anyone else see this in aquamacs?  Or, if you use aquamacs and you
> DON'T see this, would you let me know?  I'd appreciate it, because it
> would help me track down this problem...
>
> I suspect the problem is that (at least on aquamacs) save-excursion
> isn't doing what I expect it to do across frames.

I don't know about aquamacs, but when I set calendar-setup to
calendar-only (I usually leave it at nil which foregoes frames altogether),
and try org-remember with C-c C-s to schedule it from the remember
buffer, I get the calendar frame and the following error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument window-live-p nil)
  select-window(nil)
  org-eval-in-calendar(nil t)
  byte-code(...)
  org-read-date(nil to-time nil nil nil nil)
  byte-code(...)
  org-add-planning-info(scheduled nil closed)
  org-schedule(nil)
  call-interactively(org-schedule nil nil)

If I try to schedule an item in an org file, I get the frame but clicking on
a date does not seem to do anything. So maybe org cannot deal with separate
calendar frames.

Thanks,
Nick

Versions:
GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of 2009-07-06 on
gamaville.dokosmarshall.org
Org-mode version 6.28trans - commit c1d00fa463f797b4b42accaccf4bc0f32ad12994
                             Author: Carsten Dominik <address@hidden>
                             Date:   Mon Jul 6 17:00:03 2009 +0200