[Orgmode] Re: Vertical split in Emacs 23

From: Paul Mead
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Vertical split in Emacs 23
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:22:52 +0100

Benjamin Andresen <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey Paul,
>
> I don't know if this will exactly revert it back to the previous
> behavior, but if you change `split-width-threshold' to a bigger number
> (e.g. 999) than the default it should be more sensible looking.
>
> br,
> benny

Thanks Benny, that'll get me going for now.

Having thought about this a bit more, I can see where the new behaviour
might be useful, but it just looks a bit ugly in org-mode because (I
guess) it's not been written to deal with narrower buffers.

Would this be a minor fix or a major change do you think? My elisp is
about as competent as my sanskrit I'm afraid...

Paul