Re: [Orgmode] Patch for windowing problem

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Patch for windowing problem
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 07:50:06 -0500

Bastien wrote:
> Robert Goldman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Bastien wrote:
>>> Yes, would be nice if the Aquamacs crowd could test this!
>>>
>>> Thanks Robert for the patch.
>> Actually, let me clarify -- it's even more important for the
>> NON-Aquamacs crowd to test this.  I am pretty confident it does The
>> Right Thing on Aquamacs, but aquamacs uses frames much more heavily than
>> normal emacs.  And I don't use org-mode on normal emacs right now.  So
>> it's there that we could look for me getting the frame management more
>> wrong.
>>
>> I should also say, though, that if you're a big frame user on normal
>> emacs, this should also be a help to you, not just to aquamacs users.
>
> I'm using a single frame so I can't really test it.

Well you can, at least a little.  I can't see any way in which my
save-and-restore frame focus tweak would affect you --- but it's always
possible to be wrong about this.

If you are inclined, you should be able to run with this patch, and it
should do /absolutely nothing/.  That would be a good test, too.  If you
plug it in, and you use only a single frame, org-mode should not change
at all for you.  If it does, you have performed the valuable service of
finding that I have made a big bug!

Best,
Robert