Re: [Orgmode] New screencast about org-protocol.el

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] New screencast about org-protocol.el
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 18:57:20 +0200

Hi Keith,

Keith Lancaster <address@hidden> writes:

> The screencast is great, but I can't seem to get things working. On OS
> X, I consistently get a message from Firefox that no application is
> associated with org-protocol.

Actually the screencast is a bit misleading, as you need to explicity
tell FF which program do you use with org-protocol://

See here: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.php

,----
| 8. Next time you try to open a location "org-protocol://..." FF will ask
|    you for the program to use. Enter the path to emacsclient.
`----

So you need to enter the page to emacsclient.

If I have time, I will update the screencast to reflect this.

> This happens on both FF 3 and 3.5, and regardless of how I specify
> emacsclient. Any thoughts on how to debug this?

HTH,

--
 Bastien