Re: [Orgmode] [22] [newbie] install remember?

From: Tom Roche
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [22] [newbie] install remember?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 13:30:42 -0400 (EDT)

(edited with org-mode :-)

Tom Roche Mon, 20 Jul 2009 02:23:35 -0400 (EDT)

>>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/emacs

>>>   ), do I need to install remember.el separately? (I'm thinking
>>>   "yes.")

Bastien Mon, 20 Jul 2009 15:59:39 +0200
> I have slightly modified the paragraph describing remember.el in
> org.texi like this:

> | The Remember package by John Wiegley lets you store quick notes
> | with little interruption of your work flow.

> + It is an excellent way to add new notes and tasks to Org files.
> + The remember.el package is part of Emacs 23, not Emacs 22.

> | See http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/RememberMode for more
> | information. Org significantly expands the possibilities of

Thanks, much better. Presumably that will filter into

http://orgmode.org/org.pdf
http://orgmode.org/manual/index.html

as well? since those were what I was working from. (Because
`make install-info-debian` did not work for me, but

init.el
> (add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list
>   ; current version of org, as of 19 Jul 09
>   ; from http://orgmode.org/
>   ; must be installed: see
>   ; http://orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html#Installation
>   ; and logfile.090719
>   (concat MY-LOCAL-EMACS-LISP-DIR "/" ORG-VERSION "/doc")

does now.) You might also link to section 9.1 from section 1.2
(Installation). (Is the top-level doc worg-able? An idle question at
this point, since getting org-mode setup is a subtask of "organizing
my life in plain text," and setting up git is farther down the
priority list.)

One more doc suggestion:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/RememberMode#toc7

appears to be correct, since

http://orgmode.org/manual/Setting-up-Remember.html#Setting-up-Remember

>>> * general question: is there an "elisp which"?

Bastien Mon, 20 Jul 2009 15:59:39 +0200
>> (featurep 'remember)

pre-install *scratch*
> (featurep 'remember)