[Orgmode] Re: OrgmodeOrg-mode as a bug tracker.

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: OrgmodeOrg-mode as a bug tracker.
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 01:48:34 +0200

Wes Hardaker <address@hidden> writes:

> o> The only downside is the lack of a referenced wiki system: simple links
> o> to revisions (r1010) tickets (#245) etc.
>
> You can actually get around this somewhat if you're linking to, say, a
> svn web server.  I do this using something like this:
>
>   (setq org-link-abbrev-alist
>    '(
>      ("nsb"
>      .
> "http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&group_id=12694&atid=112694&aid=%s";)))
>
> Thus any links like [[nsb:1234]] will link to the right web page for bug
> #1234 in the Net-SNMP bug database.  SVN repo pointers, etc, can be done
> just as easily.

I was thinking along this lines for implementing links to subversion
revisions. However, links to bugs reports are not so easy, because you
must explicitly assign a unique id to each TODO. org-id.el is not very
human-friendly as it generates long ids.

I guess it is possible to fix this with some lisp customizations.  Once
the automatic generation and insertion of a simple (counter-based)
unique id for each new TODO is achieved, linking to bugs becomes easy
using the mechanism you mentioned above.

--
Óscar