Re: [Orgmode] ANN: org-mac-protocol, let's try again

From: Greg Newman
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] ANN: org-mac-protocol, let's try again
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 05:47:14 -0400

I'm using 23.x pretests and haven't updated in almost a month so mine is probably much older than yours.  I am running 6.28b of org which I think you are too.  Not sure what the issue is.

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Christopher Suckling <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:15:09 -0400, Greg Newman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Chris,I figured out what my issue was last night.  My org-mode 6.25 was
> stomping on my git clone of 6.28b.  With that fixed i can get it to work...
> with only links.
> With notes and remember i get the following error every time; any clues?
>
> Process *tramp/scp org-protocol* exited abnormally with code 255

Greg, I did come across this. Unfortunately, I didn't make a note of
when or where and can't reproduce it this evening.

I have a suspicion, but only a suspicion, that it may have resulted from
a (now fixed) tramp bug in CVS Emacs. I last complied on 15 July. Could
this be a possibility?

[There are gaps in the above logic; I can't figure out why org-link
should work whilst org-note and org-remember bork. I'm clutching at
straws. No idea why it is so fragile.]

Christopher