Re: [Orgmode] Agenda that shows hierarchy above matches?

From: Tilmann Singer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Agenda that shows hierarchy above matches?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:21:05 +0200

At Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:56:38 +0100,
Eric S Fraga wrote:
> > Given an projects.org like this:
> >
> >  * Project A
> >  ** TODO do foo
> >  ** TODO do bar
> >  ** DONE do baz
> >  * Project B
> >  ** DONE do foo
> >  * TODO Another small thing
>
> add the CATEGORY property (C-c C-x p cat TAB) to A and B headings,
> something like "Project A", say, and this will appear on the left of
> the line in the agenda view in lieu of the file.  Categories can help
> give you a single level of context.

Nice, thanks. That helps for certain cases. However, sometimes I have
deeper nestings in my project files and would still like to see _all_
parent headlines of each item marked as TODO in an agenda
overview. Also setting it as category would make it necessary
duplicate the text of the headline.

I guess what I really want is a sparse tree with all top level
headlines removed that contain no match.

Til