Re: [Orgmode] Re: More conspicous header lines

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: More conspicous header lines
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:56:10 -0400

Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

> Paul Mead <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
> >

> >> Please people vote.  It's a tiny change but since we all have different
> >> preferences for such things, it's good to have a sense of what everyone
> >> thinks...
> >
> > What are we voting for, to make this *possible* or *default*?
>
> Default.

IIUC, the suggestion is to change the headlines regexp in
org-set-font-lock-defaults, but you are *not* suggesting that the face
definitions be changed to have a background color - is that correct? If
that's the case, I see little, if any, harm in the change (although,
like Paul Mead, I don't think I'm going to use the feature: I find it
obnoxiously loud.)

The point is that the above is an opt-in system: the regexp enables the
look, but nothing happens until the end-user customizes the face.

If you *are* suggesting changing the faces as well as the regexp, it
becomes an opt-out system, and I for one would object.

Thanks,
Nick