Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode meets git a first proposal ?!

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode meets git a first proposal ?!
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:17:07 -0400

Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

> That said, I think it would be nice to be able to create links to
> particular git commits.

Yes, I think that's 80% of the benefit of this idea for 20% of the
work.   It might be generalizable to, to say when creating a file link
that if the file is under version control, to have a simple link syntax
for specifying a revision, and make it simple to specify the revision
that was active when the link was made.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    address@hidden  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |