Re: [Orgmode] Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award

From: Raffi R
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:43:04 -0400

That's an interesting point. I started using org-mode randomly,
because I was writing an outline and didn't care for outline-mode and
figured org-mode should be compatible. After I'd used it for a couple
outlines, I found it could export to HTML. And LaTeX. And worked as a
day planner...

In terms of marketing within the Emacs community, it might be worth
advertising it as an outline-mode replacement. Has anyone written a
simple tutorial explaining how to use org-mode just in this way, and
then providing a link to, say, the manual/Worg at the end? Most of the
tutorials I've seen have been focused on org's time-management
capabilities. But the ability to type up an outline, manage that
outline, expand it into a document, and export it separately as a
Beamer presentation with notes, a PDF, and a webpage are "killer app"
functionality in their own right!