Re: [Orgmode] Calendar export questions (ical & html)

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Calendar export questions (ical & html)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:15:42 +0800

Hi Michel,

Michel Blanc <address@hidden> writes:

> First, I discovered that all the calendar applications I tried do not
> show TODO entries (Google Agenda, PHP-iCalndar, Thunderbird, ...)
> *inside* the day/week/... view, but in sidebars or so (when the do).
> However, I am required to publish my agenda on GoogleAgenda (using "Add
> by URL"). Is there any way to export TODO entries as VEVENT instead of
> VTODO in ical exports, so they get showed in external apps ?

A todo like this

* TODO Do this
  <2009-07-28 mar>

will be exported both as a VTODO and as a VEVENT.

Note that this is not the case for DEADLINE and SCHEDULED, maybe the
code need to be more consistent about this.

> Also, the HTML exports for my agenda contains nothing but TODO's,
> without any date (see example here
> http://leucos.lstilde.org/workcal.html). There are many
> SCHEDULED/DEADLINE enabled entries, but nothing is shown besides
> hierarchy. I suspect I'm off the mark in some way here...

There are several types of agenda views: the tags and tags-todo types
don't display the dates, but the agenda type does.

Usually, when I need to display the dates in a tags-todo type view, I
just switch on the column view.  But for now there is no way to store
the dates in the HTML output of the tags-todo agenda view, the way to
go is to define an agenda-type view.

> Finally, is there a way to customize the agenda name (i.e. X-WR-CALNAME
> in the ICS file) ? I export 2 different ics files (the classic
> personal/work duo) and I would like to set relevant names for them.

Again, sorry to disappoint but the answer is no -- at least not to my
knowledge.

HTH,

--
 Bastien