[Orgmode] Org-mode + flyspell = too much (programming code is screened)

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Org-mode + flyspell = too much (programming code is screened)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:25:31 +0200

Hello,

I've sent this message to Emacs group one month ago. Never got any reply.
Maybe I'll have more chance here...

I'd want to have flyspell reporting me spelling mistakes in Org-mode.

I did update my `.emacs' this way:

;; turn on `flyspell' when changing a buffer which was unmodified
(defvar my-flyspell-major-mode-list
  '(html-mode
    latex-mode
    message-mode
    muse-mode
    nxml-mode
    org-mode  ; FIXME If uncommented, flyspell gets crazy!?
    text-mode))

(add-hook 'first-change-hook
          (lambda ()
            (when (and (memq major-mode my-flyspell-major-mode-list)
                       (not flyspell-mode))
              (my-turn-on-flyspell-french))))

(defun my-turn-on-flyspell-french ()
  "Unconditionally turn on flyspell-mode (in French) and call
`flyspell-buffer'."
  (interactive)
  (flyspell-mode 1)
  (ispell-change-dictionary "francais")
  (flyspell-buffer))

When doing so, Org-mode buffers get spelled, but my `.emacs' as well. I mean,
not only the comments and the strings, but also the code itself... Don't
understand at all this impact...

Commenting the `org-mode' line returns me with the correct spelling
(prog-aware, I should say) of my Emacs configuration file, but -- then -- my
Org-mode buffers aren't still not spelled anymore...

FYI, I am using:

    /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell.el

from a fresh Ubuntu 9.04 installation, that is version:

   "FSF emacs CVS20090116(r1.141) + Debian `dictionaries-common' changes (like
    xemacs compatibility)"

BTW, I don't understand that neither in that version, neither in:

    http://www-sop.inria.fr/members/Manuel.Serrano/flyspell/flyspell-1.7o.el

the variable `flyspell-prog-mode-hook' is referenced but does not exist.

Is this anything here someone can help about?

Many thanks in advance...

Best regards,
  Seb

--