[Orgmode] Re: Automatic indentation of org tree

From: User
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Automatic indentation of org tree
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 19:32:49 +0000 (UTC)

Bastien <bastienguerry <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> I tested your code but there are several problems: it is not usable on
> big files,

The size of the file shouldn't matter, since only lines in the
current window are indented. Probably, some trivial bug remained
in it which my tests didn't cover.

> and even on small files the auto-indentation is confusing.
> For example, stars get indented while there should not.

It's a matter of taste. I didn't find it confusing. But it's
trivial to change it to avoid indenting header lines.

> I guess this is still work-in-progress -- hope you'll find ways
> to fix the problems above!

It's a proof-of-concept package, but I think the underlining
concept is solid. If someone motivated spends a little time on it
then I'm sure the problems can be ironed out quickly.