[Orgmode] Re: Refiling within a document

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Refiling within a document
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 17:33:23 -0400

Cian OConnor <address@hidden> writes:

> I really like refiling functionality in org-mode and use it quite a
> bit. However one thing that annoys me is that quite often I simply want
> to refile in the same buffer. Is there a way to do this that I've
> missed? Or do I simply have to select the name of the current buffer as
> I currently do.

I have the following set for org-refile-targets:

org-refile-targets is a variable defined in `org.el'.
Its value is
((nil :maxlevel . 5)
 (org-agenda-files :maxlevel . 5))

This uses the current file (first) as a refile target.  I prefix all my
targets with filename so if I'm in x.org I can refile to x.org/SomeTask
even if it is not in my org-agenda-files.

You can control if your refile targets need filename prefixes or not
by customizing the appropriate refile org variables.

HTH,

Bernt