Re: [Orgmode] Re: Error after org-remember-insinuate on Aquamacs

From: Markus Baden
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Error after org-remember-insinuate on Aquamacs
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 13:01:39 +0200

Hi all,

thanks for the help so far. Currently I'm on vacation with no access to my Mac where the described error occurs. I tried to reproduce the error on a different Mac today and I couldn't. With a fresh Aquamacs 1.8, org-mode 6.28 and remember-mode 2.0 I had no problem running

;; Org-Mode
(setq load-path (cons "~/elisp/org-6.28e/lisp" load-path))
(require 'org-install)

;; Orgmode remember
(setq load-path (cons "~/elisp/remember-2.0/" load-path))
(require 'remember)
(org-remember-insinuate)
(define-key global-map "\C-cr" 'org-remember)

So it is clearly some misconfiguration on my side. One thing I did not get in this thread is, what the difference between running org-mode interpreted instead of compiled and why this may have caused the trouble. Can someone explain this a little bit?

Cheers,

Markus