Re: [Orgmode] Agenda that shows hierarchy above matches?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Agenda that shows hierarchy above matches?
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 06:31:24 +0200

On Jul 23, 2009, at 2:21 PM, Tilmann Singer wrote:

At Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:56:38 +0100,
Eric S Fraga wrote:
Given an projects.org like this:

* Project A
** TODO do foo
** TODO do bar
** DONE do baz
* Project B
** DONE do foo
* TODO Another small thing

add the CATEGORY property (C-c C-x p cat TAB) to A and B headings,
something like "Project A", say, and this will appear on the left of
the line in the agenda view in lieu of the file.  Categories can help
give you a single level of context.

Nice, thanks. That helps for certain cases. However, sometimes I have
deeper nestings in my project files and would still like to see _all_
parent headlines of each item marked as TODO in an agenda
overview. Also setting it as category would make it necessary
duplicate the text of the headline.

I guess what I really want is a sparse tree with all top level
headlines removed that contain no match.

What about follow mode in the agenda?

- Carsten