Re: [Orgmode] Re: Restore previous folded state of org buffer

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Restore previous folded state of org buffer
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 06:34:55 +0200

On Jul 26, 2009, at 7:22 PM, User wrote:

User <spamfilteraccount <at> gmail.com> writes:

The folding information should simply be saved into a separate
file. For example, for notes.org the accompanying folding
information could be in notes.org.fold. The posted code can be
trivially modified to behave this way and with this change the
actual content of the org file is not affected at all and we have
a pretty usable folding save/restore extension for org.

The thing pestered me, so I fixed it to take care of it.

Now folding information is saved into a separate file and it is
saved when the buffer is closed (but only if the buffer is saved
to disk to avoid saving folding info for discarded buffers).

I fixed the algorithm too, because it was buggy. Now it's working
well and it's also simpler.

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/orgfold-separate-file.el

Hi "User",

this is great functionality, thanks for sharing it.  I would like
to include it with Org-mode, s I need to ask:  Do you have a
copyright assignment with the FSF?  Or are you willing to sign one?

Thanks.

- Carsten