Re: [Orgmode] Re: Automatic indentation of org tree

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Automatic indentation of org tree
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 17:08:23 +0200

On Aug 3, 2009, at 6:49 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

At Mon, 3 Aug 2009 06:36:17 +0200,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

[...]

This solution is for Emacs 23 only, but I believe it is more stable,
so I am shipping it now with Org.

If anyone wants to try before the next release, put

#+STARTUP: indent

into a file after pulling the latest git version.

I like it!  However, it obviously isn't intended for use for files
where only odd level headings are used?

In any case, I still have to use Emacs 22 on one computer so cannot
switch over (although would like to!).

Hmmm,

it would not be hard to make this work under odd-levels conditions.
However, when you are using odd levels and hidestars for clean view
under Emacs 22, I would suspect that you are also indenting text
under the headline by hand.  This will then look bad if you use
the same file under Emacs 23 with org-indent-mode turned on.

?

- Carsten