Re: [Orgmode] Go to top node

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Go to top node
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 11:04:31 -0600

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Geralt <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> is there a command that brings me from somewhere below a top-node to
>> the top-node of this (sub-tree)?
>>

> C-c C-u is the keybinding for outline-up-heading: this can take a prefix
> argument to go up multiple levels. Using the universal prefix argument
> (C-u) multiplies the argument by four, so
>
>       C-u C-c C-u will go up a maximum of 4 levels
>       C-u C-u C-c C-u will go up a maximum of 16 levels
>       etc
>
> I tried the latter from 9 levels down and it brought me up to the top
> level. Will this do?

Somewhat related and potentially of interest,

I really like the following for outline-node based navigation.  It is
similar to the behavior of paredit-mode in lisp files.

;; org-mode hook
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (local-set-key (kbd "\M-\C-n") 'outline-next-visible-heading)
            (local-set-key (kbd "\M-\C-p") 'outline-previous-visible-heading)
            (local-set-key (kbd "\M-\C-u") 'outline-up-heading)))

-- Eric