[Orgmode] Bold font double quotes when exporting to PDF

From: Manuel Amador
Subject: [Orgmode] Bold font double quotes when exporting to PDF
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 23:38:08 -0700

Hi,

I have been trying to get orgmode to export to pdf the following:

  Write something then "*something bold should go here*" and go on.

That is, I would like the sentence inside the quotes to be in bold
font. However, the above does not work: it results in the "*" character
being exported literally in the pdf. Similarly,

  Write something then *"something bold should go here"* and go on.

doesn't work either.

Is there a way of doing this or is this something that orgmode is not
supposed to do?

Manuel

PS: I am using the latest orgmode git repository and emacs 23.0.91.1