Re: [Orgmode] Fireforg, a Firefox extension for Org mode interaction

From: Andreas Burtzlaff
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Fireforg, a Firefox extension for Org mode interaction
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 22:50:57 +0200

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 17:09:35 -0300
Daniel Martins <address@hidden> wrote:

> The issue on org-agenda-files was solved. It was my mistake, sorry.

No problem

> (right click on the statusbar entry) : works in a limited sense. It pops up
> the remember and store-links options but nothing happens when I left-click
> on both fields.

Does org-protocol itself work with the bookmarks described in its
manual? If yes, are there any error messages in Tools->Error console in
Firefox containing: "chrome://fireforg/" ?

> (left click on the statusbar entry) : does absolutely nothing.

It will only show something, if the currently viewed url is found in
the agenda files.

To make a test case put:

* Greatest tool in the world [[http://orgmode.org/][Org mode]]    :Org:

in one of your agenda files, save it and visit http://orgmode.org/ with
firefox.

Checklist:
1. Does the file ~/.org-registry.xml exist ? If not, look in *Messages*
   buffer in emacs and send me the last bit.
2. Does it contain orgmode.org? (grep "orgmode.org" ~/.org-registry.xml )
3. Does the statusbar entry show anything, e.g.:
   (1) :Org:
   If not, send me the error messages in firefox as described above.
4. Does the left click work now?

Thanks for the testing

Andreas