Re: [Orgmode] suggestion: "native" orgmode XML export (and import?)

From: Ilya Shlyakhter
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] suggestion: "native" orgmode XML export (and import?)
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 16:14:39 +0200

> Out of curiosity, how would you want to handle textual content? Pass
> it through unchanged with org's wiki-like markup in tact, or somehow
> xml-ified?:
>
> *foo* --> *foo*
> *foo* --> <strong>foo</strong>

Probably the latter, since converting XMLified content to wiki markup
(or any other form) is easy and does not require manual parsing, while
the other direction is harder.
But for a first version, just leaving the markup as text would be fine too.

What would help a lot is, if XML content could be imported as a subtree.
Then you could have "python plugins" that take a subtree (or an entire orgfile)
converted to XML, process it into updated XML, and then that updated
XML gets imported
back into org and replaces the original subtree.   This would make it
easy for users
to implement something like http://tinyurl.com/nskzs8 , and probably
other custom
functions.