Re: [Orgmode] Cannot install 6.29c on Ubuntu 8.04 with emacs 22.1.1

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Cannot install 6.29c on Ubuntu 8.04 with emacs 22.1.1
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:01:40 +0530

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 3:31 AM, Charles Howard wrote:
[snip: making 6.29c work (26 lines)]
> Org-mode loads now and mostly works, but I cannot export to latex.
> When I do C-c C-e l
> (or L or p) I get the message `Loading tabify ...done' and emacs
> freezes. No cursor movement,
> no response to input. Doing C-g unfreezes but there is no .tex
> output. HTML export works fine.
>
> Somebody asked about this problem back in January at
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2009-01/msg00104.html
> but there was no solution. Does anyone know what causes this?
>
> The *Message* file follows. Chas
[snip: excerpt from *Message file (40 lines)]

I tested Latex export on the latest git and it works flawlessly; most likely
it's somthing to do with your specific setup.  Again, I don't know the
solution to your problem but I would start with creating a sample .org
file and a minimal .emacs loaded manually after starting Emacs with -Q.  Keep
adding/removing from/to the .emacs till you find the offending setting.  May
be someone more knowledgeable might have a better clue.  Sorry.

--
Manish