Re: [Orgmode] Org suggestion: option which allows moving subtrees freely

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org suggestion: option which allows moving subtrees freely
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:56:27 +0200

The good reason is this:

* heading
** A child
*** a grand child

if you try to move the grand child up, the integrity of the
tree is broken because then you have

* heading
*** a grand child
** A child

Even worse if you move a child beyond the first top-level heading.

I do M-left M-up M-right to get past a parent.  When moving down,
M-left M-down M-right will get you to the end of that subtree, but
otherwise it works just fine.

- Carsten