[Orgmode] Re: Org suggestion: option which allows moving subtrees freely

From: PT
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org suggestion: option which allows moving subtrees freely
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:12:55 +0000 (UTC)

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I do M-left M-up M-right to get past a parent.  When moving down,
> M-left M-down M-right will get you to the end of that subtree, but
> otherwise it works just fine.

It seems like something which org could also do if the user sets the option.

If I move the tree up with M-up and it sees I'm at the parent heading then it
could set the header level to the same as the parent's, move the item above the
parent and leave it there, letting me do the rest of the positioning manually.

So it would spare at least an M-left for the user which doesn't seem much, but
small things add up in the long run.