Re: [Orgmode] Re: Refile error - Kill is not a (set of) trees

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Refile error - Kill is not a (set of) trees
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 09:04:53 +0200

Hi Michael,

On Aug 15, 2009, at 8:39 AM, Michael Gilbert wrote:

could you please do the following:

- Run Emacs with a minimal configuration
- Make me a test file that will let me reproduce the bug if possible.

I followed Chris Mann's example and did the following:

1) Create a file `reproduce.org', with the following contents:

Level1-1

Is there a star missing here before Level1-1?

** Level2-1
*** TODO Level3-1
   SCHEDULED: <2009-08-05 Wed>
** Level2-2
* Level1-2

2) Ran emacs clean, with no preferences file.

3) Executed this, to make sure I was using the latest orgmode:

(setq load-path (cons "~/Applications/Text/Aquamacs/contrib/org/ lisp" load-path))

Checked to make sure. Yes, it's 6.29trans

4) Moved the points to Level3-1. C-c C-w. Attempt to refile to Level1-2.

So you are refiling en entry to the same position where is was before?
OK, this it not forbidden.

5) "The kill is not a (set of) trees" etc.

For me it works just fine.  I just tried in AquaEmacs.

Running:

Aquamacs, Emacs 23.1.1
Org-Mode 6.29trans

I am at the end of this. My pile of things to refile is now so huge that my agenda is incomprehensible. I really do not know what to do here. The error is real. I hope that this reproduction is in some way useful. Is there something else I can do? Backtrace? Examine the kill-ring?

Yes, backtrace, and the content of the kill ring would be interesting.
Backtrace with uncompiled code if possible, press C-u C-c C-x ! before trying to create the bug.

- Carsten

-- Michael