[Orgmode] Re: Notes and Clock entries

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Notes and Clock entries
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 07:55:00 +0200

At Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:28:40 -0400,
Bernt Hansen wrote:

> Noorul Islam K M <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Please take a look at the below org file. Initially I created the TODO
> > item and then clocked in and out. Then inserted a note. Followed by some
> > clock ins and outs.  Everything is organized from top to bottom as we
> > enter items. Earlier I remember the clock entries were grouped and
> > always appeared at the top but now it is cluttered. I am using the
> > latest version from git repo. Is this the expected behavior or am I
> > missing something by which I can group all the clock entries into a
> > group at the top or bottom? Also I remember that I was able to hide
> > entire clock entries.
>
> Take a look at the variable org-clock-into-drawer.  This saves your
> clock entries in a :LOGBOOK: drawer which you can expand or hide.

Mine says this:

org-clock-into-drawer's value is t

Documentation:
Should clocking info be wrapped into a drawer?
When t, clocking info will always be inserted into a :CLOCK: drawer.
If necessary, the drawer will be created.
When nil, the drawer will not be created, but used when present.
When an integer and the number of clocking entries in an item
reaches or exceeds this number, a drawer will be created.

alas with my current version (6.21), it still spreads clock items
everywhere. Is it something known ? Should I update my orgmode
copy ?

Thanks

Xavier