Re: [Orgmode] Anything like org-hide-others/org-close-others?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Anything like org-hide-others/org-close-others?
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 11:46:50 +0100

On Aug 21, 2009, at 6:24 PM, Peter Jones wrote:

I'd like to have an interactive function that will return the entire
buffer to the outline state (all headings closed/folded), and then
reopen the heading at point.

Usually I'm working in one specific location in an org file.  I might
jump around and open a few other headings, then continue working in my
original heading. At this point, the buffer seems a bit messy with most
headings closed except the one I'm working on and a few others I've
opened.

It would be nice to hit a key and close everything except the heading
I'm in.

How about

  S-TAB  C-c C-r

S-TAB goes to overview, and `C-c C-r' reveals the location of point.

If you need in on a single key, write a function that calls
`org-overview' and then `org-reveal'.

Is this something that is already in org and I'm missing it?  If not,
any pointers on how to implement something like this?

Thanks.

--
Peter Jones - 303-219-0226
pmade inc.  - http://pmade.com