Re: [Orgmode] Accidentally holding down LEFT arrow in Agenda

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Accidentally holding down LEFT arrow in Agenda
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:03:52 +0900

>This is a pretty important change in the UI. I would like to
>get a general vote to decide this. See my separate message.
>
>- Carsten
Hi,
just a new user to org-mode, I apologize directly for jumping up and raise the hand ;)
Other Projects run a little smooth transitions if changes like that are going to be performed.
Maybe it is in general interesting to create a protocol which will do something like

1. For the next n releases, both keys are present by default. However, using the arrow keys will create a warning message in the minibuffer ala
"The function of the arrow keys are obsolete please use n or p see xyz.org for more information"
2. After n releases it might be clear to the majority of all users and they either updated there conf-files for an individual solution or got used to the new style.
3. Perform the transition and "switch off" the obsolete keys

Just an idea

Greetings

Totti