[Orgmode] Re: POLL: Change of keys to move agenda through time

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: POLL: Change of keys to move agenda through time
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:10:47 +0200

Hi all,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> I tend to agree with the arguments that "n" and "p" should move vertically
> in the agenda buffer, because many Emacs modes do it like this.
>
> So it seem to me that this discussion should focus on which keys should move
> the agenda forward and backward in time.

>From my current knowledge of Emacs modes (using dired, Gnus, a bit of w3m, and
the like), yes, I would definitely tend to reserve `n' (next) and `p'
(previous) for vertical movements.

For horizontal ones, the common use goes for `b' (backward) and `f' (forward).

At least, if not the letters alone, combinations of those letters (like
prefixing them with Control or Meta or ...).

See (info "(emacs)Moving Point") or section 7.2 of the Emacs manual.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban