Re: [Orgmode] Please test org-indent-mode

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Please test org-indent-mode
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:05:02 +0200

>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> this is only relevant for people who use the latest CVS Emacs.
>>> If you do that, please consider doing some testing of the new
>>> org-indent-mode which establishes the clean outline view
>>> without any by-hand indentation.
>>>
>>> Emacs 23.1 did still crashes occasionally with this new mode, due to
>>> a bug in the Emacs display engine. But I have, during the last week,
>>> used this new mode without problems, with the latest CVS.
>>> And I *loved* it, so I would like to have it tested more and then
>>> advertise it more.

I love the way it works!
Just typing, never press TAB => great!

But, on the other hand, I like the outline indented sources - they look
better in less and other tools/editors. That's why I don't use it
here. The way auto-fill and org-mode interact is sufficient for me
(because I'm used to press TAB in all those old-fashioned modes I use =>
not lazy enough yet :) ).

   Sebastian