[Orgmode] Re: how do you compose mails in Gnus with org-mode

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: how do you compose mails in Gnus with org-mode
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:51:50 -0400

zwz wrote:

> Would you like to share your configuration of how to compose mails
> by org-mode. I start org-mode by M-x org-mode, and found it not
> appelling at all.

Org-mode is not a mail mode. It certainly would not be suitable as a
major mode for composing mail.

Are you perhaps referring to using org for tables and plain lists in
mail messages? In that case you can activate a couple of minor modes
(orgtbl-mode, orgstruct-mode) by hooking them into your major mail
mode.

Instructions can be found here:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#use-editing-features-in-other-modes

Regards,