[Orgmode] Re: Orgmodehow do you compose mails in Gnus with org-mode

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Orgmodehow do you compose mails in Gnus with org-mode
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:37:41 -0400

Wes Hardaker <address@hidden> writes:

> ML> Org-mode is not a mail mode. It certainly would not be suitable as a
> ML> major mode for composing mail.
>
> I do frequently, however, write notes and things in org and then mail
> them out later.  I either export them using org-export of type ascii,
> for example.

Yes, you are right. Forgive me if I somehow implied that org mode could
not slice and dice any type of plain text. Anything and everything goes
into my org files. :)

I got the impression, however, that the OP was typing M-x org-mode while
composing a mail in mail-mode or message-mode. I think the correct
approach would be to activate the minor modes (orgstruct-mode,
orgtbl-mode).

Best,
Matt