Re: [Orgmode] Re: POLL: Change of keys to move agenda through time

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: POLL: Change of keys to move agenda through time
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:12:05 +0200

On Aug 26, 2009, at 8:22 AM, Bastien wrote:

1. n/p remain as they where
2. Moving forward/backward though time will be `f' and `b'
3. Follow mode goes to the "F" key, a capital letter does
  make sense here given that some other modes like [G]rid
  and clock[R]eport and [D]iary are on capitals as well.
4. `org-agenda-tree-to-indirect-buffer' is already on
  `C-c C-x b' which is the same key as in a normal Org
  buffer.  Therefore, I think we do not need to find a
  replacement for the `b' binding.

Fine!

5. The cursor keys <left> and <right> are remapped to a
  function that does nothing, except showing a message
  that you should now use f/b to move through time.

Why not letting the <left> and <right> keys doing their usual
job of C-b and C-f?  We can still display the message...

We could have an option to allow users to get the time
motion or cursor motion on left/right, if there was enough
support/need for this.  I do not think that this is strictly
necessary, because every user can of course rebind keys
in any way she likes.

Yes.  I would spare the option.

OK, the new keys are now active, the cursor keys do cursor
motion without a message (that would quickly become annoying).

Lets try it an see how it feels.

Thanks again for the deep discussion about this issue.

- Carsten

- Carsten

--
Bastien

=======================
PLEASE NOTE NEW ADDRESS
prof.dr. Carsten Dominik                                address@hidden
Astronomical Institute 'Anton Pannekoek'
www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik
Faculty of Science, University of Amsterdam             phone
+31-20-5257477/7491
SCIENCE PARK 904, ROOM C4-106                   fax     +31-20-5257484
1098 XH Amsterdam, The Netherlands
mail: PO BOX 94249, 1090GE, Amsterdam