Re: [Orgmode] Changing the heading separator from ** to ---** (twiki top

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Changing the heading separator from ** to ---** (twiki topic edition)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 18:22:43 +0200

On Aug 27, 2009, at 5:04 PM, Al wrote:

Hello,

I generally use org-mode to edit twiki topics as it's full of marvelous features.

One of the main feature of org-mode I can't use is the outline capability as the heading syntax is choosen by twiki not me, which forbids to use '****' for
level 4 (this will be '---++++').

There was a thread on March 16th which was discussion something like this.

Something like this:
(add-hook 'outline-minor-mode-hook
     (lambda ()
       (setq outline-regexp "---\\++")
       (define-key outline-minor-mode-map [(tab)] 'org-cycle)
       (define-key outline-minor-mode-map [(control tab)] 'org-cycle)
(define-key outline-minor-mode-map [(shift tab)] 'org-global- cycle)))

works perfectly in any-mode + outline-minor-mode.

However, I'd really like to use org-mode for all editing (tables, colors, links,
....)

No.

You can have tables with orgtbl-mode, but I think it will not get much better than that.

The only other way would be to write import and export filters
that do the headline conversion for you, so that the file
being edited is actually a valid Org file.

- Carsten