[Orgmode] Re: Removing DEADLINE and SCHEDULED from a headline

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Removing DEADLINE and SCHEDULED from a headline
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 16:15:49 +0200

Fixed, thanks.

- Carsten

On Aug 28, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

Hi Carsten,

I ran into this a few weeks ago and it's been bugging me.

I reorganized a project which had a deadline on the main task and moved
it down to multiple subtasks in the project.

,----
| * TODO Project task
|   DEADLINE: <2009-08-28 Fri>
| ** TODO Step 1
| ** TODO Step 2
| ** TODO Step n
`----

I decided the DEADLINE really doesn't belong at the top -- since the
deadline was for step 2 (and a few other tasks)... so I moved it the
hard way.  Instead of cutting it out and pasting it back in the right
tree I just used C-c C-d and entered the same date on step 2 (because I
was moving the date a bit from the original date).

,----
| * TODO Project task
|   DEADLINE: <2009-08-28 Fri>
| ** TODO Step 1
| ** TODO Step 2
|    DEADLINE: <2009-08-28 Fri>
| ** TODO Step n
`----

Now to remove the deadline from the Project task I just did C-u C-c C-d
on the Project task but this removed all the deadlines in the subtree
and my deadline in Step 2 (and others) is now gone.

AFAICT SCHEDULED: works the same way.  This doesn't feel natural to me
but I know it is documented this way.

Does the way it works now really make sense or would just removing the
deadline from the task you are working on be better.

C-c C-d sets a deadline just for this task, so it felt natural to me
that C-u C-c C-d would remove the deadline just for this task -- but
that's what I get for not reading the manual (or forgetting since I read
it ;)

Regards,
Bernt