Re: [Orgmode] Feature Request: insert/delete rows in column view

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Feature Request: insert/delete rows in column view
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 20:23:26 +0200

On Aug 29, 2009, at 8:00 PM, David Bremner wrote:

Carsten Dominik wrote:
What is so bad about exiting column view, doing the structure
changes and then going back in? The problem is that structure changes potentially affect summary columns, so it is not a good idea to do this
in column view.

I can certainly live with it. I made the request after spending a day
editing a document in column view, and finding my fingers kept hitting
C-k and <return>, and discovering they did nothing in column view. So
my brain is fine with the concept; I expect the fingers will catch up
eventually.

:-)

- Carsten