Re: [Orgmode] Can effort be edited conveniently outside column view?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Can effort be edited conveniently outside column view?
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 07:35:01 +0200

On Aug 29, 2009, at 3:24 AM, Michael Gilbert wrote:

Hi --

Still working on developing my use of effort estimates. Is there a way to conveniently enter an effort estimate without entering column mode? I have gotten used to the easy ways to add deadlines and priorities in outline view and wondering if there was something similar.

Hi Michael,

I think that editing effort estimates in bulk in column view
is really the bet way to do it, because then you have an overview over
all the tasks and you can add all the missing estimates.

However, I can see that occasionally it might be useful just to
add a single value.  For this, there is now

C-c C-x e

This will let you enter an effort estimate, with completion if
you have allowed values defined.  With a numeric prefix argument,
like `C-u 5 C-c C-x e', it will directly pick the nth value.

In the agenda, the `e' key will also run this command, so in the
agenda you can do `5 e' to get the fifth value.

HTH

- Carsten

-- Michael

Michael C. Gilbert -- address@hidden

 The Gilbert Center -- http://gilbert.org
 Nonprofit Online News -- http://nonprofitnews.org

     "There can be no joy of life without joy of work." -- Aquinas