[Orgmode] make update error

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: [Orgmode] make update error
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 19:04:44 -1000

Aloha all,

Apologies in advance for a question well below the prevailing software expertise on this list and somewhat off topic. I looked around for an answer to this with no luck.

I'm trying to update the org-mode installation on my Mac, like this:

sudo make update

git pull counts, compresses, receives objects, resolves deltas, updates and fails with this message:

error: Entry 'Makefile' not uptodate. Cannot merge.

As far as I know Makefile is up-to-date.

Any help appreciated. Org-mode is an indispensable part of my work life now.

All the best,
Tom