Re: [Orgmode] org-todo-keywords prompt for note

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-todo-keywords prompt for note
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 18:56:22 +0200

Hi Nathan,

Sorry for my typo (see below).

Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> writes:
> Nathan Neff <address@hidden> writes:
>> Hello,
>>
>> When marking an item as DONE, I would like to be able to press "n"
>> if I want to leave a note, and press "d" to just mark the item as DONE.
>>
>> I've tried using this trick:
>>
>> (setq org-todo-keywords '(
>> (sequence "TODO(t)" "STARTED(s)" "|" "DONE(n@/@)" "DONE(d!)")
>>

>> I also tried this:
>>
>> (sequence "TODO(t)" "STARTED(s)" "|" "DONE(n@/@)")
>> (sequence "TODO(t)" "STARTED(s)" "|" "DONE(d!)")
>>
>> But neither kludge would prompt me for a note when I press Ctrl-C Ctrl-T n
>>
>> I realize this is picky, because I can manually insert a note before marking
>> an item as DONE.  I'm just wondering if anyone knows a way that two
>> shortcuts can be defined for the same TODO state, with one of the
>> shortcuts prompting for a note.
>

> (setq org-todo-keywords (quote ("TODO" "STARTED" "|" "DONE@")))

Pardon me, this should be:

  (setq org-todo-keywords (quote ("TODO" "STARTED" "|" "DONE(@)")))

I found you'll have to close and open the Org file in question again to
make it work.

BTW: What's your value of the variable `org-todo-interpretation' ?
     Maybe add these lines to your setup:

     (setq org-todo-interpretation (quote sequence))
     (setq org-todo-keywords (quote ("TODO" "STARTED" "|" "DONE(@)")))

HTH

  Sebastian