Re: [Orgmode] RSI

From: Keith Lancaster
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] RSI
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 13:22:13 -0500

Emacs can definitely lead to RSI - Richard Stallman, the creator, developed it.

I am quite prone to RSI, which led me to VIM due to its modal operation (very few modifier key combos). I used VIM for quite a while and did not have any issues, but org-mode pulled me to emacs. I now use a kinesis keyboard and have no RSI issues. The keyboard combined with the idea expressed below that you use different hands when pressing control key combinations has really helped. The Kinesis puts all the control keys (control, meta, command) on your thumbs. Its expensive, but worth every penny to me at least. Check them out at http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/

Keith