Re: [Orgmode] BUG: blank items in the agenda

From: Peter Westlake
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] BUG: blank items in the agenda
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 19:07:55 +0100

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 23:12 +0530, "Manish"
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Peter Westlake wrote:
> > This is quite obscure, and an odd corner case, but here it is.
> >
> > If you have an item which is:
> >
> > - a TODO
> > - scheduled
> > - ordered
> > - blocked by a child TODO
> >
> > then it leaves an empty line in the agenda.
> >
> > Here's a test case:
> > ,----
> > | * Press t r on this line in the agenda
> > |   SCHEDULED: <2009-09-02 Wed>
> > |   :PROPERTIES:
> > |   :ORDERED: t
> > |   :END:
> > | *** TODO Report invisible scheduled items
> > `----
> >
> > C-a a a will show an agenda with "Scheduled: Press t r ...".
> > Press "t" on that line to add a TODO.
> > Press "r" to redisplay, and see the line go blank.
>
> Is the value of org-use-fast-todo-selection set to "t"?

No, it's nil. Sorry, I was forgetting that not everyone
has the same keys! This isn't part of the bug, just a
way to make the behaviour more visible.

> And what's the value for org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks in your setup?

It is "invisible", but I would have expected the item not to
appear in the agenda at all rather than leaving a gap.

Whether scheduled items should be hidden is an interesting
question: if I'm meant to do something at a given time, it
would be helpful to know that something is stopping me. That
applies even more to deadlines.

Peter.

P.S. Matt - I have org-enforce-todo-dependencies "t", which
is another possible difference that might stop this happening
in your case.