Re: [Orgmode] Re: BUG: blank items in the agenda

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: BUG: blank items in the agenda
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 14:11:56 -0400

Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:

> "Peter Westlake" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > This is quite obscure, and an odd corner case, but here it is.
> >
> > If you have an item which is:
> >
> > - a TODO
> > - scheduled
> > - ordered
> > - blocked by a child TODO
> >
> > then it leaves an empty line in the agenda.
> >
> > Here's a test case:
> > ,----
> > | * Press t r on this line in the agenda
> > |   SCHEDULED: <2009-09-02 Wed>
> > |   :PROPERTIES:
> > |   :ORDERED:  t
> > |   :END:
> > | *** TODO Report invisible scheduled items
> > `----
> >
> > C-a a a will show an agenda with "Scheduled: Press t r ...".
> > Press "t" on that line to add a TODO.
> > Press "r" to redisplay, and see the line go blank.
>
> I can't duplicate this.
>
> GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.5)
>
> Org-mode version 6.30c

Neither can I (same versions, more-or-less).

Peter, can you check the faces? Maybe the item disappears in a
same-color background? I get 'org-agenda-dimmed-todo-face' for your item
and 'org-scheduled-previously' for other items (not sure why), so it's
conceivable that a face setting is responsible.

M-x describe-face while the cursor is on the appropriate text will do it
(if you have hl-line-mode on, you may have to turn it off first).

Nick